Mary E Barneson AG-ACNP
Board Certified Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
"I believe each patient's story is at the center of good patient care. Taking time to learn about each patient ensures care of the whole person – body, mind, and spirit."
Ms. Barneson grew up all over, moving every few years as her father served in the Army Nursing Corp. After returning to her mother's roots in Wisconsin, she graduated high school in Chippewa Falls and became a registered nurse, working at OakLeaf Surgical Hospital for the last 10 years. Ms. Barneson enjoys caring for patients in a hospital setting, focuses on patient-centered care, and believes that every patient's story is important.
She lives in the Chippewa Valley with her husband. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, partaking in outdoor recreational activities, cooking, baking, and watching movies.
Graduate School (2020)
- Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN, United States
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire
- HSHS St Joseph's Hospital, Chippewa Falls
- OakLeaf Surgical Hospital, Altoona
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau Global Nursing Society – Iota Chapter
- Society of Hospital Medicine