Karla Schlimgen MD, FAAP
Board Certified in Pediatrics
"My goal as a pediatrician is to draw on my years of practical childcare experience and highest quality pediatric training to provide quality, individualized medical for each child. I believe medically caring for my patients is most successful when I work with them and their parents as a team, considering their goals and values."
Make an Appointment with Dr. Schlimgen »
Dr. Schlimgen's childcare experience began early with babysitting and teaching Sunday school, and grew through the years while working as a nanny, parenting two children of her own, and volunteering in her children's' schools. She selected her pediatric residency program in Madison, Wisconsin, due to its reputation of excellence and its unique clinical track training for primary care pediatricians. Dr. Schlimgen understands the struggle to balance parenting and career.
Medical School (1992)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE, United States
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Madison, WI, United States
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Board Certified
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - Certified
- Peace Lutheran Church, Eau Claire