Medical Laboratory Technician
OakLeaf Clinics - Chippewa Falls | OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic and OakLeaf Clinics - Chippewa Falls has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a full-time (32-40 hours/week) medical lab technologist to join our expanding lab team.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
As a medical lab technologist under general supervision, you'll perform routine medical laboratory tests essential for diagnosing, treating, and preventing disease, as well as ensuring the validity and accuracy of test results. You'll participate in the supportive functions of quality control, instrument operation, limited troubleshooting, teaching, and limited problem resolution.
- Perform analyses on biological specimens to aid healthcare providers in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Participate in the operational support activities necessary to maintain and optimize testing capabilities
- Work in the lab to help conduct important patient tests
- Set up, calibrate, and operate lab equipment
- Collect and assess samples of different types -- MLTs/MTs/CLT or equivalent must be able to precisely follow laboratory procedures to ensure sterility and accuracy in their results and are an essential part of the diagnostic process
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent (i.e., military-trained - Medical Lab Specialist certificate of training obtained before April 24, 1995)
- Active certification through ASCP, AMT, HEW, or AAB required
- 18 months of Medical Laboratory Technologist / Technician experience (preferred)
- Understanding of scientific laboratory procedures, including using laboratory equipment and generating reports from laboratory tests
- Current knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Previous laboratory experience is recommended
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time wisely, and adjust to changes in work volumes and projects
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clinic setting.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Major activities of this job include frequent walking, standing, and light physical effort performed on a level surface. The medical office involves sitting, carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, and squatting. Use a computer and telephone and employ writing and organizational skills.Salary: From $21 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1+ years
Location: 855 Lakeland Drive • Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage