OakLeaf Clinics - Business Office
OakLeaf Clinics - Business Office has an exciting opportunity to join our growing team as a credentialing coordinator.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
The credentialing coordinator is responsible for completing the credentialing of providers within OakLeaf Clinics. You will organize, maintain, and verify all aspects of the process and maintain current files on practitioners. You will track the expiration of certifications to maintain up-to-date files and assist health plan providers and customers with phone inquiries.
- Perform all activities related to credentialing and re-credentialing, including, but not limited to, determining an applicant's eligibility for membership and privileges; analyzing applications and supporting documents for completeness and accuracy; timely processing applications for membership and/or privileges; and ensuring hospital standards, state and federal law, and accrediting standards are met
- Monitor provider credentials, licenses, certifications, and memberships to ensure records are current and consistent with regulations and policies
- Maintain reports and database of credentialing activities such as accreditation, memberships, licensure, or facility privileges
- Participate in the development of internal credentialing processes and procedures
- Process applications and reappointment paperwork, validating completeness and accuracy
- Maintain databases with pertinent education, training, experience, and licensure content
- Act as credentialing liaison for the organization, its providers and partner hospitals, and third-party payors
- Maintain an approachable and positive attitude interacting with all levels of personnel in a rapidly changing environment
- Complete other various administrative duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or related field (Preferred)
- Three years of clinic/physician credentialing experience preferred or three years of hospital and/or healthcare-related experience (Preferred)
- CMSC (Certified Medical Staff Coordinator) or CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) is a plus
- Experience in working with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and ability to drive process improvement
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Major activities of this job include frequent sitting for extended periods, some walking or standing, and light physical effort performed on a level surface. The medical office involves carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, and squatting. Use a computer and telephone and employ writing and organizational skills. Manual dexterity, mobility, and good vision, including near acuity, depth perception, and accommodation, are necessary for technical work.
Salary: $19 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2+ years
Location: 719 W Hamilton Ave, Suite B • Eau Claire, WI 54701
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage