CMA/LPN - Pulmonology & Internal Medicine
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pediatrics and Internal Medicine Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work full-time in Eau Claire, WI.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
Duties include rooming patients, taking vital signs, completing medication reconciliation, administering medications including injections, scheduling appointments, completing required prior authorization paperwork, assisting providers with their day-to-day clinical practice, and completing other duties as assigned.
- Provide professional nursing or medical assistant care under supervision or scope of licensure for clinic patients
- Facilitate/perform the gathering of patient information and document accordingly
- Assist with office procedures as directed
- Assist with the preparation of equipment and aid clinician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients
- Schedule follow-up appointments
- Instruct patients and families by phone as directed within the scope of licensure or certification
- Greet patients and prepare them for clinician examination
- Screen patients for appropriate information
- Maintains timely flow of patients and completes forms as needed
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms, including re-stocking of treatment areas
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Assistant certification or registration through accredited program (American Association of Medical Assistants or American Medical Technologists)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Medical terminology knowledge and understanding of patient care notes
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Passionate about providing patient-focused care
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Prior Epic experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clinic setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, grasp, handle, objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Salary: From $18 per hour
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
Location: 3802 W Oakwood Mall Dr • Eau Claire, WI 54701
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Janelle Joas, Human Resources Manager
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage