Hospitalist - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic, a physician-owned and operated, multi-specialty medical clinic located in beautiful Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is currently seeking a full-time acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our expanding hospitalist service.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
As a hospitalist, you will collaborate with intensivists, MD hospitalists, and specialists to assess and treat inpatient medical conditions at local hospitals. This position is an integral part of our healthcare team and actively participates in improving clinical outcomes through evidence-based strategies. Travel to HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, and OakLeaf Surgical Hospital is required.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest evidence-based medicine
- Work collaboratively with hospitalists and intensivists to facilitate of patients on the acute care units and in the ICU
- Participate in all aspects of care, including admissions, discharge, daily rounds, and patient education
- Work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, case managers, and other healthcare disciplines utilizing a team approach
- Develop treatment plans, complete admissions from ED, and perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the physician and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted nurse practitioner or physician assistant license in Wisconsin; certified as an acute, adult, or family nurse practitioner
- Certifications for Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) awarded by the American Heart Association (AHA) within three months of hire
- Minimum of two years of hospitalist experience in an acute care setting
- Licenses with restrictions are subject to review to determine if restrictions are substantially related to the position
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License
- Proficiency with medical instruments and equipment required to perform your work
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology
- A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of disease prevention
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a hospital or clinic setting.
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Major activities of this job include frequent walking, standing, and light physical effort performed on a level surface. The medical office involves carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, and squatting. Use a computer and telephone and employ writing and organizational skills. Manual dexterity, mobility, and good vision, including near acuity, depth perception, and accommodation, are necessary for technical work.
36 Hour per Week - 12 Hour Shifts
Every Fourth Weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
Rotating Day and Night Shifts (6p/6a)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2+ years
Location: 3802 W Oakwood Mall Dr • Eau Claire, WI 54701
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage