Registered Nurse - Dermatology
OakLeaf Clinics - Chippewa Falls
OakLeaf Clinics - Eau Claire Medical Clinic has an exciting opportunity to join our dermatology team as a registered nurse in the beautiful city of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley. Our dermatologists work with our other clinical experts to diagnose, treat, and prevent all types of skin cancer. We provide the latest and most advanced treatments, including Mohs surgery with a board-certified Mohs surgeon.
As a registered nurse on our dermatology team you will be responsible for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. This position functions as a vital member of the dermatology team and contributes to our success by demonstrating patient focused care, effective communication, professionalism, self-development, flexibility, and teamwork. Duties include assisting with various dermatology procedures including Mohs, pre & post op care, rooming, chart documentation in Epic, medication reconciliation, prescriptions, injections, handling biopsies and other general clinical duties. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, enjoy multi-tasking in robust practice, possess strong computer skills, be energetic and flexible.
- Responsible for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education, and transitions of care
- Supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family
- Accountable for planning, implementing, evaluating, and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients
- Provides leadership through activities such as preceptor roles, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts
- Delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources
- Possesses excellent communication skills and great attention to detail
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or Nurse Compact License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) awarded by the American Heart Association (AHA) within three months of hire
- Previous experience within dermatology is a plus but not required, we will train the right candidate
- Frequent and prolonged standing required during surgical procedures
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communication, and excellent critical thinking skills
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 855 Lakeland Drive • Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage