Surgical Technologist/ First Assist
OakLeaf Clinics - OB/GYN
OakLeaf Clinics - OB/GYN has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Surgical Technologist to join our expanding OB/GYN. The schedule varies based on surgery schedule, 4-8 hour shifts.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
As a Surgical Technologist/First Assist, you will be an important surgery team member, supporting surgeons and other healthcare professionals to ensure high-quality patient care before, during, and after surgical procedures. You will work under the supervision of a surgeon to assist during operative procedures, provide appropriate and adequate sterile instrumentation and supplies, and ensure the operating environment is safe and equipment functions properly.
- Ensures the operating suite is adequately prepared for the procedure
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Opens sterile supplies and sets up sterile table with instruments, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for the procedure
- Anticipates additional supplies needed during the procedure
- Keeps accurate records throughout the procedure
- Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
- Maintains the highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Performs other duties as they are assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist First Assistant
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Three Years-Surgery Experience (Preferred)
- Work flexible schedule based on clinic and surgery needs
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting
- Demonstrate effective communication and excellent critical thinking skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the OR surgery setting.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Major activities of this job include frequent standing for extended periods, walking, reaching, and squatting are involved. Manual dexterity, mobility, and good vision, including near acuity, depth perception, and accommodation, are necessary for technical work.Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Part Time
Experience: 2+ years
Location: 3213 Stein Blvd. • Eau Claire, WI 54703
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Janelle Joas, Human Resources Manager
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage