Medical Office Assistant
OakLeaf Clinics - OB/GYN
OakLeaf Clinics - OB/GYN has an exciting opportunity for a full-time medical office assistant to join our expanding team.
OakLeaf Clinics is dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care. Our healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
The medical office assistant is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting, and checking in all patients for office appointments, including paperwork for patients to fill out, scanning insurance cards, entering all demographic information into the electronic health record, entering referrals for office visits into EMR, scanning for staff as needed, and working closely with physicians and staff.
- Greet and direct all patients within the practice
- Obtain patient demographics and verify insurance information at each visit
- Obtain necessary patient information to meet current Federal and Meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records
- Scan pertinent patient information into EMR, including patient authorizations, recent labs delivered by the patient, etc.
- Obtain patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance)
- Schedule any necessary appointments after the completion of a patient visit
- Monitor and review patient schedules for next-day office appointments
- Call the patient for next-day appointment reminders
- Identify and resolve minor patient billing complaints
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and stocking office supplies
- Maintain cleanliness of the waiting room
- Assist other medical receptionists and medical secretaries as needed
- Read and act on Clinic information and communication in a timely manner, i.e., email, newsletters, training materials, EHR updates, etc
- Other duties as assigned by the office manager or providers
- Minimum of a high school diploma; associates degree preferred
- At least one year of relevant experience or training
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and patient/customer service skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Comfortable working in a flexible team environment
- Ability to multi-task, handle a high volume of calls and prioritize daily tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work multi-task in a fast-paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clinic or office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Major activities of this job include frequent sitting for extended periods of time, some walking or standing, and light physical effort performed on a level surface. Some carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, and squatting are involved in the medical office. Use a computer and telephone and employ writing and organizational skills. Manual dexterity, mobility and good vision that includes near acuity, depth perception and accommodation are physical requirements necessary for technical work.Salary: $17 per hour
Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1+ years
Location: 3213 Stein Blvd. • Eau Claire, WI 54703
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Janelle Joas, Human Resources Manager
3802 Oakwood Mall Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701
We are dedicated to providing our patients with compassion, trust, and a lifetime of individualized care.
OakLeaf Clinics healthcare team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical assistants working in concert with laboratory/imaging services to offer individualized care to the Chippewa Valley.
We offer our healthcare team
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exceptional Retirement Savings Plan
- CME Allowance & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule with Work-Life Balance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage